Avondale Sky Wine Lab Adventure
Avondale Sky Winery
80 Avondale Cross Rd, Newport Landing, B0N 2A0, Bay of Fundy & Annapolis Valley
We’re happy you’re interested in our experience! Please note, all 2019 dates are sold out at this time. Check back in the new year for 2020 experience dates. If you have questions about this experience, please reach out to us!
If you’re all about crisp white wines shaped by the sea, you’ll love diving into the flavours of Nova Scotia’s exclusive Tidal Bay wine. Hosted by Avondale Sky’s winemaker, tour the vineyard and enjoy a tasting before heading behind the scenes to the wine lab to create your signature blend. Ultimate bragging rights could be yours when the day’s winning Tidal Bay inspired blend is served with a gourmet chef-prepared dinner.
Winemaking is a delicate balance between science and art. Join Winemaker Ben Swetnam of Avondale Sky Winery for an exclusive, hands-on wine experience, revealing how Nova Scotia’s signature Tidal Bay blends are made. Get a behind-the-scenes look at the winemaking process and create your own blend in our wine lab to be entered in a blind tasting competition.
Finish the day by savouring a locally inspired gourmet multi-course meal prepared by Chef Justin Floyd, thoughtfully paired with a selection of our wines. Finish your wine adventure day as a winemaker by taking home a bottle of your very own custom labelled signature blend to share with your family and friends.
- Winemaker-Led Blending Lesson
- Go behind the scenes to the wine lab where you’ll learn first-hand from award-winning Winemaker Ben Swetnam as he shares his secrets with you and you create very own white wine in Nova Scotia’s signature Tidal Bay style.
- Vineyard Tour
- Great wine begins on the vines! Explore Nova Scotia’s unique grape growing climate during a guided tour of the vineyard grounds.
- Blind Tasting
- Participate in a blind tasting competition to determine who is the master winemaker! Will it be you?
- Multi-Course Meal
- Feast on a multi-course meal featuring the highest quality ingredients Nova Scotia has to offer by Chef Justin Floyd, recently awarded by Taste of Nova Scotia.
- Something to Take Home
- A bottle of your very own custom-labelled signature wine as a souvenir of your experience to share with family and friends
What People are Saying
Taste of Nova Scotia Awards 2018 Restaurant of the Year
RANS Annual Restaurant Awards 2018 Best Restaurant Bay of Fundy & Annapolis
Winery of the Year, Atlantic Canadian Wine Awards 2015 & 2016
Recipient of a Lieutenant Governor’s Award of Excellence in Nova Scotia Wine 2014 & 2016
“Today the great travelling church is one of the most tranquil and lovely wine tasting rooms in the world.” – The Globe and Mail
To book, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good to Know:
Please let us know of allergies or dietary restrictions at time of booking. While we will do our best to accommodate your needs, substitutions may not be possible.
Conditions: Prices do not include tax. Advanced booking is required. Participants must be of legal drinking age.
Cancellations made within two weeks of the event are non-refundable.
This is a rain or shine event. In the case of inclement weather, the outdoor portions may be modified for a more enjoyable experience. Please dress appropriately for the conditions, including comfortable footwear
Taste of Nova Scotia